Shama'il of The Prophet Muhammad: A Study-Book on the Prophetic CharacterRegular price $24.99
Shama’il of the Prophet Muhammad has been written for students aged 11-16 to aid them in their study of the unique character and person of the Prophet Muhammad. The contents of the book bring together, in an engaging and accessible manner, the essentials from the classical commentaries on this great tradition – bridging the gap created by language and the ages between modern students and Islam’s great tradition. The book guides the student through discussions on sira, hadith, Arabic, tafsir and reverential poetry. Suitable for both personal study and as a class text, it is certain to match the needs of the young student.
- Each chapter is dedicated to a particular characteristic, closely following the format of the original Arabic Shama’il text, and begins with a translation of ahadith
- Warm-up questions that engage students in ideas related to the chapter’s theme so that they can begin considering their own lives and values in light of the Prophetic way
- Arabic vocabulary and key concepts appear in bold with their meanings provided in the Key Words section
- Illustrative photographs to enhance learning
- Assessment questions allow students to develop their comprehension and apply critical thinking skills in examining the Shama’il and Sunna of the Prophet
- Developed by a team of traditional Islamic scholars and experienced school teachers